- From which countries will the repacking service be offered?
- How will vPost decide which packages to repack?
- Will there be any charges for the repacking service?
- Will you repack every package that has more than 2kg difference between the actual weight and volumetric weight?
- If I have more than one package, will you repack all my packages into one?
- Can I choose not to repack my packages?
- How will vPost do the repacking?
The repacking service is available for all packages from US, Japan and China.
Repacking service will not be available for Europe packages with effect from 19 September 2016. For more information on this, please click here
We will repack your package if the difference between the actual weight and volumetric weight exceeds 2kg.
Yes, there will be a repacking fee of S$6. Rest assured we will ensure that you enjoy savings on your package even after taking into account the repacking fee.
Please note that if the merchant delivers a product that arrives at our shipping centre in conditions deemed unsuitable for shipping, you will incur additional repacking cost on the package.
4. Will you repack every package that has more than 2kg difference between the actual weight and volumetric weight?
Here are some scenarios in which we will not repack:
a. when the package contains leather products, e.g. handbags, purses, coats, etc.
b. when the package contains restricted items, such as perfume, standalone batteries, fuels, etc.
c. when the package is marked 'FRAGILE'.
d. when the package is obviously a gift, i.e. packed in a gift box, secured with ribbon and gift card, etc.
There are also packages which are specially packed to ensure breakable items are cushioned. As such packages would potentially be bulky, the difference between the actual weight and volumetric weight may be higher. We will take into account such instances and repack only when the safety of the package will not be compromised.
The decision to repack a package will be made at the discretion of vPost.
No. We will not combine multiple packages as it may potentially hinder the claims process in the event your package is lost or damaged during transit.
No. This option is currently unavailable. Rest assured we will ensure that you enjoy savings on your package even after taking into account the repacking fee. In addition, we will only repack when the safety of the package will not be compromised.
vPost will repack your package by minimising the height of the package, thus reducing the volumetric weight. Note that we will not be able to cut down all sides of the package. If available, vPost may also repack your package by putting them in a new smaller box.
Example: Height of package being cut down