Find the answers you need
Have a question about the services we offer? We're here to help!
Please select a topic on the left or click any of the icons above if you can't find what you are looking for here.
- Why am I unable to ship Samsung Galaxy Note 7?
- Why is my shipping fee so high? Are there any tips to reduce the shipping fee (e.g. Consolidation, etc.)?
- I have 4 small packages, would you be able to pack it under 1 box to save on the shipping charges?
- What modes of payment are acceptable for vPOST shipping charges?
- How do you charge GST? Is my package liable for GST?
- How long will the shipment take?
- Can I store my package at your warehouse in USA for 1-2 months? Is there any corresponding fee and how much?
- What is the difference between FedEx SmartPost and UPS SurePost and how does this affects my US packages?
With the recent global recall due to safety issues over its battery, Samsung Galaxy Note 7 will not be allowed for shipping until further notice.
2. Why is my shipping fee so high? Are there any tips to reduce the shipping fee? (e.g. Consolidation, etc.)
When your package reaches our facility in US, Europe, Japan or China, we will measure and weigh the package to calculate the volumetric and actual weight of the package. As per freight industry practice, the chargeable weight of a package is calculated based on Volumetric or Actual weight, whichever is higher.
Volumetric weight of a package is a calculation that reveals the density of a package. A less dense package generally occupies more volume of space compared to its actual.
Volumetric weight = [ length(cm) x breadth(cm) x height(cm) ] / 5,000cm
Minimum chargeable weight is 0.5kg and subsequent weight step is 0.1kg thereafter.
You can advise your merchant to ensure proper packaging and pack your purchase into the smallest possible box.
In addition, you can consolidate your shipping charges by paying them together. As such, a single base charge is billed.
3. I have 4 small packages, would you be able to pack it under 1 box to save on the shipping charges?
No. We do not provide physical consolidation of packages.
Currently, the following modes of payment are available:
a. Credit/Debit Cards (Visa/Master)
For credit cards, vPOST currently only accepts locally issued credit cards for payment.
c. American Express (AMEX)
Please ensure that you have made the necessary arrangements for any of the above payment modes before using vPOST Shipping Services.
GST charge is based on the packages’ Cost, vCare charges and Freight value, plus all duties payable, in a single invoice.
Cost refers to the total cost of products in a package / order paid to seller / Merchant that includes the package value, domestic shipping, handling charge, etc., while vCare charge is the cost of purchasing optional vCare from vPost and Freight is vPost shipping charge for the package.
GST relief is granted for air freight packages (excluding intoxicating liquors and tobacco products) imported by a total value not exceeding S$400. In the event that the value exceeds S$400, the entire sum would be subjected to GST.
The current GST rate is 7%.
It will depend on your selection of shipping mode.
- Economy- within 9 to 15 working days from the date of payment.
- Standard- within 4 to 8 working days from the date of payment.
- Sea- within 35 to 60 working days from Sail date
7. Can I store my package at your warehouse in USA for 1-2 months? Is there any corresponding fee and how much?
No, vPOST will only hold the package for 21 days from processed date without charge for consolidation of shipping payment. However, when packages are held for more than 21 days from processed date, it is chargeable at the rate of S$1.50 per package per day.
vPOST also reserves the right to dispose the package which is more than 30 days from the processed/declaration date.
8. What is the difference between FedEx SmartPost and UPS SurePost and how does this affects my US packages?
FedEx SmartPost and UPS SurePost are domestic package delivery services offered in conjunction with United States Postal Service (USPS) for packages delivered locally in USA.
For merchants that use either of these services, you will be provided with either one of the tracking numbers in use by FedEx/UPS or USPS.
For FedEx SmartPost, almost all of these packages will only have the USPS tracking number.
For UPS SurePost, they will usually provide a UPS tracking number.
In the event that your packages are delivered by your merchants using either of these 2 services, please use the USPS tracking number to search for your package or when submitting an enquiry to us.
Please see below image for an example on how to get your USPS tracking number for UPS SurePost packages: