vCare is an optional service provided by Singapore Post Limited ("SingPost") to vPost Members, as part of SingPost's commitment as a shipping service provider. In essence, vCare is a performance warranty protecting your shipments against loss or damage during transportation (subject to the terms and on the conditions provided herein). vCare is not an insurance product and is not offered in collaboration with any insurance provider. vCare is administered fully by SingPost and all claims and liabilities are assumed directly by SingPost.
Please note that the standard limitations and exclusions of liability set out in the vPost Terms and Conditions will apply if you do not purchase vCare for your shipments.
Other than as expressly provided in these vCare Terms and Conditions, all other terms and conditions set out in the vPost Terms and Conditions will continue to apply to the vPost services provided by SingPost to you.
vCare shall only apply from the time the item covered by vCare (the "vCare Article") is delivered to SingPost's designated warehouse in USA, Europe, Japan or China (as the case may be) to Singapore address as stated in the consignment note.
Important Notice: SingPost does not provide vCare coverage for certain items. Please refer to the goods excluded list.
On all general merchandise but excluding items listed under lists A, B and C:-
List A - List of negotiable documents:
• Banker’s drafts, bank notes
• Bearer bonds
• Bills of exchange
• Dividend warranties
• Promissory notes
• Share certificates
• Share warrants
• Travellers cheques
• Treasury bills
List B - Export restrictions/prohibitions
• Dangerous goods
• Flammable gas - ignites when leaking, aerosols, etc
• Flammable liquid - low flash-point, emitting flammable vapour
• Flammable solids
• Oxidising substances - e.g. organic peroxides
• Toxic substances - to contact & consumption
• Radio actives
• Magnetized materials - affecting navigation
• Living plants & animals
• Narcotics & psychotropic substances
• Endangered species of wildlife & their by-products
• Obscene or immoral articles, publications, video tapes/discs & software
• Seditious & treasonable materials
List C - Other excluded items
• Jewellery above S$1000
• Watches above S$1000
• Precious stones or gems
• All food stuff
• Works of art
You are advised to read the full text of the above exclusions. In addition, please note that SingPost shall not, in the provision of vCare, be liable for the following:
1. Loss damage or expense attributable to your willful misconduct;
2. Ordinary leakage, ordinary loss in weight or volume, or ordinary wear and tear of the vCare Article;
3. Loss damage or expense caused by inherent vice or nature of the vCare Article;
4. Loss damage or expense proximately caused by delay, outside SingPost's reasonable control;
5. Loss damage or expense arising from any hostile use of any weapon employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter;
6. Loss damage or expense caused by insufficiency or unsuitability of packing or preparation of the vCare Article (packing shall be deemed to include stowage in a container or lift van but only when such stowage is carried out prior to vCare becoming applicable;
7. Rust, oxidation and discolouration; or
8. Bending, denting, scratching and twisting of the vCare Article.
vCare also does not cover loss damage or expense caused by:-
1. Confiscation or detention of the vCare Article by custom house or other officials or authorities;
2. Mechanical and electrical derangement unless accompanied by visible external damage; or
3. Any consequential or indirect losses.
Period of vCare coverage
vCare shall not become effective until you make full payment for vCare on the vPostUSA and/or vPost Europe and/or vPost Japan and/or vPost China website (as the case may be). vCare shall continue to apply unless provided otherwise in these terms, during the ordinary course of transit, and terminates either on delivery to the address stated in the consignment note or until such other period stipulated in these terms, whichever shall first occur.
The signature on the “Proof of delivery” copy of the consignment note and/or any such document issued by the destination country’s delivery agent shall be conclusive proof of safe delivery.
It is your duty, the duty of your addressee, and/or your servants or agents in respect of the loss recoverable under vCare: -
1. to take such measures as may be reasonable for the purpose of averting or minimizing such loss;
2. to ensure that all rights against carriers, bailees or other third parties are properly preserved or exercised
Procedure for claims
1. All enquiries relating to claims are to be submitted to customer service via 1605 (#4 option) or http://www.singpost.com/customer-care.html
Operating hours (Singapore time) are as follows:
Monday – Friday: 8.00am – 6.00pm
Saturday: 8.00am – 1.00pm
2. When submitting the claim, all relevant documents must be enclosed, including but not limited to the following: -
2.1 Original vPost USA, vPost Europe, vPost Japan or vPost China consignment note/tracking information and payment advice;
2.2 Original invoices or purchase receipts of the vCare Article;
2.3 Survey report or other documentary evidence showing the extent of the loss or damage of the vCare Article
2.4 Original repair bills/replacement invoices;
2.5 All correspondence exchanged with any third party responsible or potentially responsible for the loss
or damage of the vCare Article
Complying with the above procedure shall be a condition precedent to SingPost's liability pursuant to these terms.
We reserve the right to amend, vary delete or add to any of these terms and conditions from time to time without notice, and the amended terms and conditions shall apply.
vCare is subject to and shall be governed by Singapore Law. Any claim or other dispute hereunder shall be determined exclusively by Singapore courts unless SingPost otherwise agrees in writing.
vCare coverage payable, limits of liability and excess
1. The charges payable for vCare will be 3% of the declared item value for the vCare Article subject to a minimum charge of S$9.90 for each consignment note. Declared item value shall include, but not limited to, cost of the item, any vCare purchased for the local shipping to SingPost’s designated warehouse in USA, Europe, Japan or China (as the case may be), local shipping charges to SingPost’s designated warehouse in USA, Europe, Japan or China (as the case may be) and any other applicable charges paid.
2. Where vCare has been purchased in relation to an item, notwithstanding clauses 14.2 and 14.4 of the vPost Terms and Conditions, on the condition that your claim of loss or damage to the shipment or item or contents thereof is justified, our liability for loss or damage to your item or its content thereof shall be limited to the following sums:
(a) the full amount of shipping charges paid by you for the item; and
(b) 100% of the declared value of the item for which you have a justified claim, subject to a maximum amount of SGD$20,000 for all items shipped pursuant to a single consignment note.
To the extent of any inconsistency between this provision and clauses 14.2 and 14.4 of the vPost Terms and Conditions, this provision shall prevail.
Sorry, your browser is not compatible with our new site.
Kindly upgrade your browser to the latest version, or use another browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox).